The Cotton Blossom Fabric Shoppe Class Policy
- To reserve a spot in a class, you must pre-register in store or online. All fees are required at time of registration.
- Most classes require supplies in addition to the instruction fee.
- Typically, there is not enough time prior to class to shop for the class, so we ask that you purchase all fabric and supplies at least one day prior to class.
- Basic sewing supplies will be needed for each class.
- Supplies specific to the class must be purchased from The Cotton Blossom (fabric, books, rulers). A supply list will be available at registration. Our expertise in coordinating fabrics and selecting proper tools is part of your lesson before class starts.
- You must cancel more than 7 days prior to class for a refund (your choice of a refund or store credit).
- If you are unable to make class and you cancel within 7 days of the class, the class fee is non-refundable. However, we are happy to offer a spot in another class with the same instructor later.
- There are no refunds for NO SHOWS.
- Most classes have a minimum enrollment (usually 3 students). If the class is cancelled due to low enrollment, you will be notified & all course fees will be returned in full (your choice of a refund or store credit).
- Patterns, books and handouts cannot be shared or photo-copied due to copyright laws.
- Guests are not allowed in classroom.
- All machine brands are welcome in our classroom.
- A limited number of classroom machines are available for use. Please indicate at time of registration if you'd like to use one of our machines.
- Your Sewing Machine must be in good working order and you need to know how to thread it and operate it (except when noted in beginner sewing class). It is suggested that if you have not used your machine in a while, you should have it serviced. We do not recommend “borrowing one from a friend who hasn’t used it for years!” Our teachers cannot use valuable class time to try and repair or figure out how to operate it. If you have unforeseen problems with your machine during class, we are happy to let you borrow one of our machines when available.
Due to the COVID-19 outbreak we have new additional class policies:
1. Please bring your machine through the double glass doors that enter the classroom (not the main entrance)
2. Please be in good health and not having been exposed to anyone that has been sick.
3. Please wash your hands when you arrive and before you leave.
4. Please wear a face mask at all times (no exceptions) and avoid touching your face while in class.
5. The instructor will not wear a mask while lecturing, but will be distanced away for all customers. If individual attention is needed, the instructor will apply a face mask.
6. Please be able to distance yourself from everyone by 6 feet. Our classroom is large and can accommodate many students seated over 6 feet apart.
BASIC SEWING SUPPLIES are listed as follows, but not limited to:
Scissors, pins, seam ripper, pen, paper, needles, thread, ruler, and thread. If you have supplies at home, bring them.
Specialty items needed for class such as a pattern, book, fabric, rulers, etc., must be purchased at The Cotton Blossom. Please make every effort to have supplies purchased prior to class.
We pledge to do our best to make sure your project is a complete success!